Full Throttle Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Techs

4 posters

Go down

Techs Empty Techs

Post  nefarious Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:28 pm

For those of you that are techs and perhaps some of you that were and reset. I could use any advice you have to making my fighter stronger.

nefarious

Back to top Go down

Techs Empty one method

Post  pwong5 Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:24 am

Converse to other types, I would train the Technique stat last (meaning get the others to level 20 first) even though it's your specialty. In other words, pretend you're not a Tech.
My reasoning is this:
1. The Tech advantage for submissions is, only initially (I hope), the weakest of all the types. In a fight, you don't start with more HP/stamina (resistance), you aren't faster (speed) and you're not hitting as hard (stregth). Your submission advantage is minimal since it's not very powerful (again, only initially).
2. Other types can completely ignore spending tech points on ruthless grasp which lets them spend them on feint or block instead. An option for Techs as well, but it will limit the specialty moveset as well as minimize the submission advantage gained with the mastery skill.
3. As a secondary effect to ignoring submission techniques, another type doesn't need to spend any money buying submission moves, and can spend it upgrading their other moves instead.
4. Tag teams with a Tech are at a disadvantage again since the partner seemingly always jumps in to break up a hold negating the Tech specialty.

That said, once you are a high level Tech, I can imagine (since I'm not one yet) that the damage done by a submission move can be great enough to force much higher level types into tapping since they're not likely to overcome your submission bonus which means that Techs would be more likely to have upset victories (not in any way verified, but it keeps me from quitting the game).

Last edited by on Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:14 pm; edited 3 times in total

pwong5

Back to top Go down

Techs Empty tech

Post  The Berserk Hobo Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:51 pm

pwong5 wrote:Techs would be more likely to have upset victories (not in any way verified, but it keeps me from quitting the game).

yeah thats happened to me a few times when verseing techs ur winning one moment and somehow they make u tap at like yellow orange or somethin they can win out of no were
The Berserk Hobo
The Berserk Hobo

Back to top Go down

Techs Empty Re: Techs

Post  nefarious Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:31 pm

ok well this is my thought:

I have a level 5 tech and I have always been a defensive type person...so I max block and try to increase feint and mastery about the same. this gives me a good base defense. then with speed i max dodge and toss in some lightness. then with resistance i try to build evenly the HP, sta, and damage reduction. strength can be used for rage and finisher bonuses.

I think that will give you a strong defensive fighter that will generally outlast and eventually submit other wrestlers.

I say this but that is due to what i have learned recently and my build is nowhere near what i have just said.

nefarious

Back to top Go down

Techs Empty submitting

Post  Gladiator Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:12 am

You must be doing something right, you made me tap, which I don't like. Revenge will ensue...........
Gladiator
Gladiator

Back to top Go down

Techs Empty Re: Techs

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum